Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Life's Memories







Above are memento's of the adventure's of my life.
On my kitchen bar:
* Hunter Green Tea Jar from my first trip to Harrod's.
I carried it home wrapped in a sweater in my carry on to keep it from breaking.
It reads, Harrod's Food Halls.

On my coffee table are:
* Autographed Salamandre book from the trip Linda
(http://mountainhomekd.blogspot.com/)and I took to theFlorida
design center, we had an afternoon of champagne, pastries
and design mega load, to was wonderful!!!
* Chinese Ashtray from the Ritz Carlton in Sarasota, I
took my daughters to Christmas Tea the first year they
opened my eldest daughter was attending the Chicago Art Institute
and was home for Christmas break, it was the first time my
youngest daughter and I saw her smoke (she doesn't any
longer!!) it was a great afternoon of mother and daughter's
one that can never be duplicated...
* Blue and White covered jar, a favorite piece I have left from
my antique store I used to own in the 1980's.

* Enamel box of Toulouse-Lautrec, I purchased in St. Petersberg
Florida, when my daughters and I visited a traveling exhibition of
his. Another great day.

4 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous treasures and what precious memories they have for you. So wonderful to remember your travels with such lovely things. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tabletop vignette is just gorgeous! I adore the enamel box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your "memory lane" displays. Things with history are always so much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enamelware is one of my favorite pieces to enjoy! Your treasures are lovely & your memories to enjoy daily.

    Have a lovely 4th!
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete